Monday, September 3, 2007

Wedding cakes galore

I'm in a 'honey-mood' and thought why not post all the wedding cakes that i've bake for my friends and love ones. I love baking wedding cakes, because it's truly an expression of love. I ensure each cake is a reflection of the couple... their character, the wedding theme, colour and even the gown!



Jason and Woon Hee’s wedding was just last weekend. These 2 lovebirds wanted a traditional white and red classy 3 tier cake. Hence i finished the cake in pure white fondant (a sugar paste dough made from icing sugar). Red English lace matched Woon Hee's red gown, ribbons accentuated the outline the cake and small tiny 3D heart shapes were hand pipped onto the cake to give it a classy look.



My girlfriends Wiyah and Salwiyah are fellow chocolate fanatics, needless to say chocolate cake is their only choice. I bake a light chocolate sponge to complement the ‘full-force’ rich chocolate ganache. It takes a little more effort to ensure a dark coloured chocolate cake looks romantic. Pearls, bear figurines, flowers and satin ribbons matching their wedding gown will definitely do the trick!




My little sister Meiru is so precious to me and i wanted to ensure she's blessed with her dream wedding cake at her ROM reception. This 3 tier wedding cake is made of fudgy brownie, covered in pure white royal icing. The hand-made pink sugar flowers gave the cake an even dreamier feel.

My girlfriend Munah is not a cake person (she ‘missing out’ in this world!), only a coffee flavoured cake gets her going. I baked her a mocha mud cake, coated the cake with white chocolate before decorating it with some delicate hand made white roses, ribbons and chocolate dipped strawberries. This cake is a little tough to slice thru, but once you get through it, pure heaven!



My wedding treats starts from $200 for a 2 tier cake. Price depends on the flavour and design of the cake. Do email me at sylvia_kang@hotmail.com for more info!

No comments: